Touchpanel xantech or hai?

I am finishing the design of our new home automation/audio/video distribution system. I am getting ready to purchase the following:

Omni Pro II controller for security, ha control Xantech MRC88 audio/video distribution controllers

I am planning to purchase about 4 touchpanels mainly for ha interface. I have been looking at the HAI Omnitouch or Xantech SPLCD64V. Anyone have a recommendation on either of these? I like that the Xantech can play video but truthfully do not expect to use the panels much at all for video.

The one issue I have been running into is that I plan to run a computer (to play stored mp3 files) into one of the audio inputs on the Xantech and I am trying to figure out what the best way to allow easy selection of playlists, etc. I was planning on configuring the MRC88 keypads to do this but it definitely will not be user friendly. Neither the Omnitouch or SPLCD64V allow web browsing, which would probably be ideal. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Reply to
signaturefactory
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.