ToggleLinc Companion Switch 23892

I have been reading the description of the ToggleLinc 23892 Companion Switch on the Automated Outlet web page and it appears that it could be also used as a standalone switch in a single switch installation. I know you can use a mechanical 3 way switch as a single location switch by only using one terminal going to the light, and I don't see why it would not work in this case, but I have never seen a 23892 switch and I have no idea if ToggleLinc has done something intentionally to prevent this. Has anyone looked into or tried this before? I suspect there is a very good reason why you cannot but I would like to hear it. Thanks.

Reply to
<HSD
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

If I had seen that chart first I wouldn't have asked such a question. I thought I had found a way of reducing the cost. Bummer. When you can purchase a push button X10 SPST for less than $10, $30-$45 for a toggle seems greedy. Guess I will wait a bit for prices to come down or a sale. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reply to
<HSD

Yeah, I hear ya. I've found that after having used the push-type decora paddles for a couple of years I don't miss the toggle type. I've still got one or two rooms that have toggles and it's actually a bit odd to go back to them! I still prefer better quality paddles, the X-10 ones are just crap.

As for price, try having RadioRA gear. They've been rock-solid reliable but, oy, are they expensive.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Nope.

ToggleLinc companion switches do not switch loads. They can only control a "master" ToggleLinc or SwitchLinc.

Reply to
Lewis Gardner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.