to moderator

To bad.. No one can correct it. You'll be getting this junk for months, if not years.

I used a secondary email when I first posted here about a year ago, and deleted that email acct within an hour, as I started getting mega spam On a daily basis, I have an emails I can forward on anything you want to enlarge, reduce, put a watch on, install SW on, watch, or to send your life savings to the prince of someplace you've never heard of...

The best route if it's your primary email, is setting spam filters on your PC...but be warned, some will get thru...

You're email is already in the spammer's list, so deleting posts won't matter.

Reply to
AZ Woody
Loading thread data ...

I have started getting lots of bad spam I realize I should not have used my real email would you be able to purge all my posts please; they all contain my email

Reply to
z

This is an unmoderated group.

Reply to
BruceR

Bummer. I still get spamed off lists that grabed me years ago :(

You could try sending "usenet message cancel" to the server and in future set your newsreader to "no archive" (X-No-Archive: yes) but as you are using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.29 I haven't got a clue how you do that as I don't use it.

Even then you will most likely already be cached in servers such as google.

A good test to see where your e.mail has leaked is actually to search for it \ or part of it in google groups... (which are an actual rip off as they are really usenet groups that google now pretends it owns)...

EG: For your 'rmwbsee' tag:

formatting link

There are only a few posts you have made using hotmail.

The other one to consider is that if you have used a simple user name for your comcast (or whatever) e.mail address then you may be getting junk as a product of a dictionary spam...

I have quite an old e.mail address and is a simple twoword type user name.. for years I've gradually risen to get over 2 thousand spam per month which luckily I can deal with 95% with various filters.. so it might not be this group that has been harvested.

Do you have a website? or a domain name? Is your e.mail address in WhoIs or have you bought anything off the web recently?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

What email do you use Pete.

Reply to
z

Which do you want to know my e.mail address or the ISP that provides my real e.mail address or the e.mail program I use?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.