Smarthome Powerlinc Controller

I haven't noticed much, if any, discussion in this group of the Smarthome Powerlinc controller. I have a fairly extensive X10 setup in my home and was happy to see this device hit the market two years or so ago. I'm somewhat less happy with the Smarthome Manager Plus Program, which had problems from the start, and hasn't been updated in more than a year.

While I'd REALLY like to see some robust software for this device but I'll settle for a command-line interface. Does anyone know if this exists anywhere? I've a need to trigger a Powerlinc macro automatically, and am using an ActiveHome interface just for this one signal. Sure would be nice to get THAT device disconnected from my system.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

BTW - please don't respond with how obsolete X10 is. I've been using this stuff since the BSR days, and have had a great deal of success with it. I agree with someone else in this group who suggests that when the newer technologies have the comparable functional devices it will be time to retire X10 and move on.

JLOB

Reply to
John O'Boyle
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

USB. 32kb memory. J.

Dave Houst> What version of the PowerLinc controller? There have been about 4 or 5. Is

Reply to
John O'Boyle

Reply to
Dave Houston

If you use Linux, check out the Wish project:

formatting link

Reply to
Dan Wilga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.