Smarthome 1132CU and Daylight Savings Time Date Change

I use an Smarthome 1132CU to control the lights/etc. in my house. With the new dates for daylight savings time, the

1132CU is going to have problems. I emailed Smarthome and the answer indicates that they are "working on it." But, here we are a half a month or so away and they don't have a fix? Has anyone thought about this? I was thinking about setting a phoney timezone which is one hour away. Any ideas????
Reply to
Art Todesco
Loading thread data ...

I asked about DST in general in another thread.

I'm "safe" as Arizona doesn't do DST - we don't need "extra" sun in the summer months! :)

DST was first proposed by Ben Franklin and was done to give farmers more "normal daylight" in the summer.. I can't see why 48 states have continued this odd thing! (Hawaii also does not do DST)

Our brain trust in Washington DC figured that shifting the start/end of DST was something they could do without looking like fools.. End result is that it's kind of a pain in the butt for many, many people in the 48 "backward states".. (oh wait spring forward, fall back!) And the "brain trust" still looks like fools...

The "brain trust" had no clue on what the impact would be, but changing DST was much easier than doing their real jobs - like the immigration problem, FEMA issues, the civil war in IRAQ,and teaching GW to use real word (and pronounce them correctly!) :)

Reply to
AZ Woody

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.