Smarthome 1132CU

Thanks for the info. I was considering one myself, this helps make my decision easier.

Reply to
unrulygrrl
Loading thread data ...

Hi All, Well, my CM11a bit the dust .... couldn't communicate with it, yet is still sent out commands from the last upload (download?). After a deep power cycle, the thing was totally dead. I bought a Smarthome 1132CU from a 3rd party that advertised here and got it cheaper and with an additional 15% off. This unit is great! The programming is a bit different, however, it much reminds me of UNIX stuff, so it fit my semi-UNIX brain. But the big thing is that it works ... all the features work.

I have one module, N3, that I can't reach from my bedroom. I do have phase coupling, however, it still doesn't work. So, I programmed a macro to repeat N3 if it sees an N3. It works perfectly. I could never get the macros to work on the CM11. This unit seems to see smaller X10 signals and seems to send them out at a higher level. I didn't do any measurements, but it seems that way from the way that it works.

I was so happy with it, I thought I would let everyone know.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I sure hope there is a device like the 1132CU for UPB soon.

....Bob

Reply to
Bob Dozier

Reply to
Art Todesco

Reply to
Art Todesco

UPB is supposed to be better than X10. Anyway, thanks to your original post, I may consider the 1132CU for my existing X10 switches and modules. Here are some UPB links.

formatting link
formatting link

....Bob

Reply to
Bob Dozier

What are you using to program it?

Jim

Reply to
Jim

UPB is an alternative to X10. It's a powerline carrier system that purports to be more reliable.

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.