Serial Protocol for Samsung SIR-TS360 Satellite Receiver

I recently purchased a Samsung SIR-TS360 HD satellite receiver for my DirecTV service. One of the reasons that I purchased it was that it was the only one that I could find that had an RS-232 interface and I wanted to make it work with my media room automation system.

I saw a posting that indicated that someone was able to get the port to work with a Crestron system so I know that the port works and can be used to control the device. I called Samsung and although they didn't have any serial protocol documentation, they sent me what they called the Crestron codes.

There are 49 commands. Each command appears to be made up of 7 hex words with only the fifth word being different (0x30 through 0x60). Here are examples of the on and off commands:

On 2A647476490D0A Off 2A6474764A0D0A

Just looking at these make me think that the Creston is simply sending these strings to the TS360 to control it.

The file also shows that the serial interface is configured for

57600,8,N,1.

I haven't had a chance to play with this yet (hopefully, later this week) but was wondering if anyone with some Crestron experience could shed some light on this and explain how these strings work.

Thanks.

John

Reply to
johngeh
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.