Russound CAV6.6 question

I'm interested in installing a Russound CAV6.6 system in my home to replace a shoddy system installed by the previous owners just 2 years ago. A question I have about the CAV6.6 is this: with the UNO TS2 controller pad, will that display the name of the XM/CD/FM selection, such as XM 47 Ethel? What about the UNO S1 or S2? Or does it just show that XM has been selected and the volume? I am trying to establish what to expect.

Also, I am going to be purchasing a new receiver. Other than selecting a receiver capable of supporting at least 2 zones, what other features do I need? Does the RS232 port on the receiver connect to the RS232 port on the controller or are these ports just for programming these unit independently.

Any insight and experience is appreciated.

Reply to
Gregor
Loading thread data ...

If you use a Russound tuner, yes it will show the selection. I've got only S2 keypads and they display full text.

It really won't 'do anything' to have a receiver with multiple zones as none I know of have any CAV66 integration capabilities. They'd just be regular audio outs feeding into the CAV66. The A-Bus capable tuners sorta seems like a waste of time. If you get a tuner that can truly drive multiple outputs independently and actually be controlled independently then there's a chance. Bear in mind that the control gets driven via the Uno keypads. It's possible to program one to send special IR codes but I'm sure there are going to be limits. And even then nothing would show up on the keypads since there's nothing feeding that data to the CAV66.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.