Robert Bass

There's a reason why he hasn't posted responses in this newsgroup (and others in which he participates in) in the last couple of days. It's my understanding that he is (or has) undergone surgery for the removal of the cancer which has re-manifested itself. I hope and pray for his speedy recovery from the surgery. I also hope he comes out of it with better, more encouraging news. There are a lot of individuals he's harmed and maligned by his words and actions (myself amongst them). My greatest hope is that we can rise above all this, set our differences aside and collectively wish him well. God keep you, Robert. God speed your recovery.

Regards, Frank Olson

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

I have tried to imagine what it would be like if the "shoe were on the other foot". If that were me facing the grim prognosis, I would like to think that my adversaries would be able to put aside the bad blood. Since we are talking about the possibility of someone actually dying, I think any petty ongoing arguments or even past transgressions should be looked at by the individual and expunged if possible.

When asking myself those same questions, the answer came back "of course". Nothing Robert said or did to me was so bad that it can't be forgiven. In fact, I forgave him a little over a year ago when I had my own set of obstacles to overcome. Since then, I've taken a few "swipes" at him when my name was dragged up in the NG..... but those were just stock replies in response to the name-calling. Besides, there are two sides to every coin and I wasn't always an innocent victim. I definitely did my share of poking the proverbial stick at him over the years.

So Robert, please forgive me for the part I played in the nonsense over the years. It all seems so silly and insignificant now. I already forgave you for any (real or imagined) harm you may have caused me. I hope you do recover from this awful disease. I also hope you are at peace with yourself and God should the day come when you're called home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay tough.

-Graham

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks Graham,

Anything wrong you said or did I forgive. Likewise, I apologize for being rude and cruel to you. It all does seem pretty insignificant at this point. Thanks for the good thoughts, Graham.

As to my absence these past few days, yes, I was in the hospital. They did something called pleurodesis which helps me breath better. They can't remove the tumors and it doesn't cure. There are lots of tumors in the chest wall -- inoperable. Radiation doesn't do anything. Chemo slows them down a bit. Tarceva, a new, experimental drug can be combined with chemo to give me about

3-4 months. That's all.

God, however, isn't finished and we're praying for a miracle. My brother, Michael, had stage IV lung cancer nearly 11 years ago. The doctors told him to get his affairs in order as he had only a few months to live -- same as me. Mike visited me in the hospital yesterday. He's been cancer free for nearly

10 years now.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

foot".

Someday you w>

Reply to
Just Looking

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Here's what someone said to me a long time ago:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did -- not screaming in terror like the other people in the car he was driving."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Hi, Robert have not spoke in a long while, I hope you are ok and I send you my best wishes.

Take care.

Micky Leeds uk.

Reply to
Mick

Hi Micky,

Nice to hear from you. Things are well..., not exactly terrific but I'm still here. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Now would be a fun time for Jim to make a comment or two

Reply to
mleuck

Best wish to you Robert Bass Ha Ha Ha, see you still have spunk Prof. Randy Pousch (wanna be). Keep up the spirit. Fortune Cookie say: "You can have many life , but you only die once. So don't worry, be happy 25 3 41 11 35 18"

Reply to
P T

Thanks man. They finally gave me the schedule. Today was 1st chemo session. The whole routine lasts six months. I've been getting different information from different people so today I cornered my oncologist with some hard questions. He says I can live about 18 months if I take the experimental treatment. Out of about a thousand patients they've seen with the same type and stage of cancer he says there are only two who have survived more than two years.

The standard chemo wouldn't stop the cancer and wouldn't give me much time at all, maybe 3-4 months. I took the experimental regimen.

It was pretty rough. I had a bad reaction -- pain and pressure in my chest, couldn't breath, dizziness, pain radiated to my left arm. I thought I was having a heart attack but the ON said it was a drug reaction. They stopped the infusion, gave me a massive dose of Benadryl and after a half hour continued the chemo.

I'm tired, nauseous, pain about half the level of a migraine. Tomorrow I have to go back for the Neulasta shot (strengthens immune system). They gave me prescriptions for steroids and narcotics. I'll use the steroids but I'm not going to take the OxyContin though. I know the pain will be worse later and I don't want to get accustomed to it at this stage.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm fairly sure that if I fell asleep whilst driving and the resulting crash caused the death of a young woman, the very last thing I would do is trot out a story like that. Despite all the BS you told the group about the anguish you felt, its clear that you really have no feelings of remorse whatsoever.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

You are a heartless bastard.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Perhaps so, but which is the more heartless, me pointing out your lack of remorse or you displaying a complete lack of remorse?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Robert Le Ass" wrote to Doug:

You are a heartless bastard.

Actually, he is not. You however, are a feckless thug, and a blight on humanity.

js

Reply to
alarman

I hope her family doesn't see that story.

Reply to
Bob

I'm thinking her family probably hasn't had anything to do with Robert for about as many years since the accident happened. Dragging something like this up *weeks* after the time he posted it looks just as disingenuous in my opinion (not that I'm saying it didn't make me sit back and think: "Hmmmmmm!" at first sight).

Let's get back to talkin' "alarms". Sheesh!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Actually, we stayed in touch until I moved to Florida. Her husband never believed it was anyone's fault. We were all exhausted. He asked me to drive since he was falling asleep. I thought I could stay awake. Sadly, I was terribly wrong. This was a tragic accident. It was the saddest moment in my life, bar none. That's my cross to bear. Nothing people like Doug or Jack Stevens say makes it any heavier or lighter.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The fact that you feel comfortable telling jokes about drivers falling asleep and passengers screaming in terror before they die, shows exactly how much weight you attach to it. Saddest moment of your life? it should be, but yet you tell jokes about similar events. No, you have shown yet again that you are completely without a moral compass of any sort whatsoever.

Doug

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Your opinion Frank, which appears to change by the minute, is less than worthless to me. You feel its disingenuous for others to comment, but that doesn't stop you throwing your two cents worth in with "not that I'm saying it didn't make me sit back and think: "Hmmmmmm!" at first sight".

You lose what little credibility you have Frank, when you chastise someone for saying something and then in the same sentence agree with what they said.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

ge

You've noticed that too, have ya?

I'm waiting for the "next" change which can occur at anytime now.

Gotta say, ..... it may take some people longer than others to finally make a decision on a moral question, but if you know yourself well, you make it a lot sooner and then there's no need to ruin your credibility by jumping from one side of the fence to the other. You may not like the decision of people who are steadfast, but at least their credibility (unless blatantly wrong)cannot be questioned.

I'm wondering now, since he's been all over the place in his response to Bass' conduct since he first came to ASA ......after Bass departs, in what direction his comments are going to fall. I'd suggest that he would probably be better off saying nothing at all, because there's no way he can ever justify any opinion he may voice, since he's been such a flip flop, wishy washy and so inconsistant.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.