RF receivers..

Help. Anyone know where i can get a hold of a handful of 446Mhz or 462Mhz RF receivers. Don't need to be able to receive voice. Just act as a switch really, it's for a pet project i'm working on. Any help on this would be muchly appreciated.

Regards Peter P.

Reply to
Rogue
Loading thread data ...

you should look for hamfest in your region,or find ham radio club...

the Arrl web site could help you locate one close to your home..

"Rogue" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

The inexpensive superregenerative ASK (i.e. AM) RF receiver modules ($5 from Mouser) listed here...

formatting link
are tunable over a wide enough range that I suspect you could tune the

433.92MHz versions to the frequencies you need. Note that I haven't actually tried this but have tuned others by ~50 MHz.

Using the soundcard setup shown here...

formatting link
you can rough tune by ear. The linear output on pin 3 can then be used for final tuning.

If you need FSK (i.e. FM) these will not work. FSK pretty much requires receivers designed for these frequencies or programmable modules that get much more costly.

I'm curious - what pets transmit at these frequencies? ;-)

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Don't you think it would be more fair to the OP if you at least tried it to see if your product works?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

see if your product works?

we all know you don't so why should Big Dave?

formatting link

Reply to
Frog

How many of the products that you sell or recommend have you actually tried?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

I guess it's hard for bass to read with those beady little fish-eyes. The page I referenced merely lists several vendors around the world where the RF receiver and transmitter modules can be purchased. I do not sell them.

I have never sold anything online despite the frequent lies and misrepresentations by Bass and his mud-wrestling tag team partner claiming otherwise.

Having no need to tune a receiver to the frequencies listed by the OP (and not having any pets that transmit at those frequencies) I have not tried tuning one and, despite my helpful nature, I have no plans to buy the transmitters in order to test whether the receiver can be tuned to match.

I was merely trying to point the OP to a possible $5 solution.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

I guess it's hard for Mr. Houston to carry on a discussion without resorting to grade-school insults.

You sent readers to your website. Perhaps if you'd sent themn directly to the sellers' websites it would have been clearer.

Yes, we know. You tried to market a few things but failed. There was a CHA thread a couple of years ago with a detailed history of your mistakes, missteps and miscreant behavior.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And how long before he trots out the failing health excuse, again...

You're no lilly-white virgin either so how about sticking to thread topics, the lot of you!

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I don't know. It was in response to his plea for assistance due to "failing health" that I sent a private email offering assistance. I honestly tried to make peace with the guy. His response? He attacked me in the newsgroup claiming that I was trying to steal his useless ideas. Needless to say, I have little patience with him and less sympathy than that at this point.

Considering I have two grown sons I should say not. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.