reseting misterhome light controls after poweroutage

Hi I have a linux computer runing Misterhome controling several lights. All thru lights.pl. Is there a way to get Misterhouse to check the time of day and set the lights to the correct on/off setting when restarting? Short term power outages during the time when the lights change to "on" wil leave them off until I return home and manually start them. I would like Misterhouse to execute a short bit of code and if the time is during the normal "on" period, set the light on or off as required.

Thanks for your time Jim

Reply to
jamby
Loading thread data ...

The answer is yes but I don't know how to do it. I'd recommend asking on the Misterhouse mail list. I thought someone just asked this but I can't find the message at the moment.

Reply to
Neil Cherry

Well I tried the piece of code at the bottom, and it started filling up the logs with "chrislights turned on" statments each second. I need to find a way to only check every 10 mins.

I asked the original question on the Misterhouse forum and never received any answer.

if (time_between ("$Time_Sunset - 3:23"),("9:55 PM")) { set $chrislights ON; speak " chrislights turned on" }

Reply to
jamby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.