Recommend Wireless Web Based Security Cam?

Hello all;

Can anyone recommend a good wireless web based video camera to be used for property viewing/monitoring?

I wish to install one at my 2nd home to keep an eye on the snowfall this season. I've seen a few, tried one (Hawking Tech) which has NOT worked.

Ideas? Recommendations?

Thanks,

Reply to
bobmct
Loading thread data ...

I've been very pleased with the Panasonic HCM-280. Worthington has good prices on it.

Reply to
bruceR

this one has some good ratings

formatting link
Rob C

Reply to
Syner

Ratings by whom?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I often ask myself the same question when you "extol" the virtues of some part you sell.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I hope that the camera was not rated by you...any rating given by anyone but you, can be considered as credible

Reply to
Petem

rated by the people in the link. take the time to click it and you can read all the reviews you want.

do i know any of you? i d> "Robert L Bass" a =E9crit dans le message de new=

s:

Reply to
Syner

"Syner" wrote:

I read it. One fellow was surpridsed top learn that using more than one camera would cost him several hundred dollars extra for software. Here's the quote:

"I purchased four of these cameras and found out that the recording software included with it comes with a license to record only one camera. If you want to record more than one camera, you have to purchase an upgraded version with additional licenses and that lists for $399 and Amazon has it for $315.03 + Shipping Network Camera Software"

We've not met and I'm not criticizing you. I only asked who rated it. Your camera may indeed be good but ratings on Amazon can easily be spoofed by sellers. That doesn't mean that you are doing something wrong -- only that the "ratings" may be questionable. I noticed one "buyer" included in his rating a copy of the installation instructions. That looks suspiciously like seller hype to me. The comments from Theodore Lesnett and a couplre of others look like advertisements.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Calm down. :-)

The only individual criticizing *you* directly is Robert Bass and he's the biggest scam artist here.

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

The criticism is directed at Bass, not you. Look at the indentation again.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

He's posting through "Google". I always have a tough time following threads in there too.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Try the airlink products sold at fry's electronics. Work quite well with normal light, even lower light. When its dark it's alittle harder to see but you could always add a motion light to aid it.

They have sale son them very freuquently. check it out at

formatting link
MUCH cheaper and for the money well worth it.

Reply to
RT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.