Reading Wireless Temp

I have a number of Wireless temperature sensors around the house.

They are Oregon Scientifics standard sensors i.e THC-138. I think they drive a 433 Mhz ASK format.

Are there any docs on the protocol I can read ?

Is there a way I can read the data into an Ocelot into HAL2000 ?

I suspect an BX-24AHT or RoZetta Hardware may be able to accomplish this, but I'm not certain if the sufftware supports the temp sensors.

Reply to
svorres
Loading thread data ...

Neither will do what you want at this time. You need to know the protocol and there are just too many proprietary protocols to try to tackle reverse engineering all of them.

These are popular enough that it might be worthwhile to look into them but I don't have time right now. A lot are made by the same company but just have different brand names so if you get a protocol for one you have it for all. I think this may be one that uses the protocol for which Don Lancaster published details.

formatting link
I've designed a DIY generic module that can be used to build RF receiver modules. It would just require the right receiver board (i.e. frequency) and a PIC that was designed to decode this specific protocol. I'll look into it after I get roZetta released.

What I'll try to do is program a PIC to output the pertinent data in human readable form so that roZetta doesn't need to know the details. If you have the receiver on port P2, you'll see something like "HH:MM:SS P2 ID 76°F" where ID identifies a specific sensor and you can program whatever action you wish as a response. It this way it could also be used with the ZX24-AHT once I port that code to the ZX-24 chip.

You can buy a $5 RF receiver from Mouser and c>I have a number of Wireless temperature sensors around the house. >

Reply to
Dave Houston

I asked this very same question 2 years ago:

formatting link
and Dave Houston guided me to:

formatting link
which is still there.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.