reading in data from rs232 port, require to resend as an email

I am reading in some temperature sensor data, via RS232 (actually converted to USB via a CP2102 ), approx every hour into a Windows XP PC. It reads fine into Windows Hyperterminal. I want to be able to send this data out via email as it comes it. Is there any application that can do this, free or commerical, please? I have searched using Google but not found anything. Lyndsay Williams

formatting link

Reply to
Lyn
Loading thread data ...

There is an application called BLAT which allows you to send email via a command line interface. I believe it is freeware.

You can find it with Google.

Larry Hazel

Reply to
Homer L. Hazel

Alternatively, it ought to be relatively easy, using Perl, to read the data over RS232 via the Win32::SerialPort package, and send it over email via the Net::SMTP package. You wouldn't use Hyperterminal at all.

If Hyperterminal has macro capability with iteration and time awareness, and can save the recorded data and fire off a command line program, then Larry's suggestion might indeed be the simplest.

I'd do it in Perl.

Reply to
NoSuchPerson

I made the below setup use a vbscript to send email from a simple programming language called just basic. You can run the vbscript with arguments using a batch file.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.