Re: X10 with Compact Fluorescent Lights (fwd)

I found one article online stating this, but could not find any examples of it. This same link mentioned not to use them at full brightness via a dimmer either.

formatting link
The other articles I found online just said it would kill the bulb or the dimmer, or both.

Either way we all have to be careful.

Thanks for the info.

I don't have any data on this, but I seem to remember that dimming a CFL > bulb not designed for dimming can be a fire hazard. > > >> The topic of CFLs with X10 has been discussed before, but here is some of >> my current experience with them. >> >> I have had a good experience with the 'Globe-Electric' brand of Compact >> Flourescent Lights with X10 lamp modules or appliance modules. >> >> Globe-Electric has a model 07307 CFL that is compatible with Dimmers, and >> X10 lamp and appliance modules (no cutting of diodes required). >> >> Also, about two months ago I picked up a standard 4 pack of Globe-electric >> 23W CFLs (model 48526) that do say 'not for use with dimmers' on them from >> a local retailer (the are carried by many companies such as Walmart in >> Canada). I accidently tried one with a lamp module. It worked just as >> well as their dimmable version. >> >> I have found that both the 07307 and 48526 units work fine, as does >> dimming, and X10 noise does not appear to be a problem. I have not run >> the 48526 models really long (only a few weeks now), but they do work, are >> dimmable, don't seem to put out enough noise in the X10 frequency space >> (around 121khz) to cause any grief, and don't require modifications with >> both the appliance modules or lamp modules. The local control feature >> also works with them, and they don't flicker when off like some versions. >> >> I thought I would pass along my info and see if others have tried them and >> if they have had any luck. >> >> Thanks >> Jeff >> > > >
Reply to
jr10-
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.