RadioShack remote 15-100 and X10

I see in the manual for this unit that it has a home automation setup and a code for X10, but the manual does not include any further information.

Anyone using this? Does it require the IR adapter?

Thanks

Reply to
DLC
Loading thread data ...

I don't use it so I cannot help with operational specifics but since it uses IR you will need the IR543 or an equivalent IR-X10 controller.

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Not using it, but I've used plenty of RS x-in-1 remotes over the years. That one appears to be IR only.

There have been various dual-purpose remotes over the years that supported both IR commands and X-10 RF. Those units have a second RF transmitter inside of them. This does not appear to be one of them. Some pictures posted online showed the interior of the 15-100. They did not show the RF unit typically found in other remotes with the feature.

So, as Dave suggested, you'd need an IR-to-whatever interface to get any sort of control using that remote. Several exist, most aren't that great. But then since it's X-10 you can't really expect much in the way of quality or success.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.