R.I.P. Robert L. Bass

I totally agree with you Graham cant even see how much dommage bAss made in Grahams minimal grey matter..

Reply to
Petem
Loading thread data ...

e:

iscussion :

upe de

m...

:

What happened to Jake?

Reply to
mleuck

Robert didn't make any "dommage" in my gray matter. Over the last few months I got to know the "real" RLB, not the persona he played here.

You disgust me Pete. Didn't your mom ever tell you if you can't say something nice, keep your damn mouth shut? This thread is a memoriam thread. I knew you and Mark would go and ruin it. Start your own thread if you want to be negative.

Reply to
G. Morgan

That's a rather funny thing for you to say

Reply to
mleuck

If you mean that he went with the peace and comfort that comes from extending the olive branch, then, I guess, you are right.

If you simply mean death, well, isn't that what we are all destined for?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Wow, sad to hear. He was a tough cracker to break. We're all just trying to make a living, Robert was no exception. R.I.P. Buddy

Reply to
jackcsg

No he die with the warm feeling that he got most of you.. I am shure that he died with a big smile thinking how a few here would post good things about him while he didnt even think any one here was worth more then a chimp..

Reply to
Petem

You make me laught.. you have seen a desesperate ass hole trying to have sympaty..

Well well, lets remember him as he was.. an ass hole..

Reply to
Petem

I can't understand any of the above. Just post in Frog and I'll use a translator.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Spellcheck Patrol

More than likely the whole death thing was faked so he could change his nickname and get away from all the "trolls" chasing him with their top posting. It was so painful for him he just had to be an asshole about it and attempt to start a feud over it.

Reply to
Josepi

LOL you are as low as him in his days before the illness...

Are you applying for the gooffy job??

Reply to
Petem

And now we have the blind follower... Damn, you 2 make the perfect couple!!

Reply to
Petem

And that's why you do not, and never will, understand.

You still think that by refusing his gesture you somehow hurt him.

Your response indicates that you have what is called an external locus of control. How others view you is more important than how you view yourself. Since that is your frame of reference, you tend to believe everyone sees life that way - so you, in turn, believe that how you view someone is more important than how they view themselves.

I would seem that Robert, based upon his participation in this newsgroup, had an internal locus of control (the opposite of that described above).

When you apologize to someone, you hope to be forgiven and if your apology is rejected it compounds your internal misery. Of course I am only surmising here, but it is based upon your reaction to Roberts apology. What you don't understand is that the ultimate peace one can achieve is self-forgiveness.

Self-forgiveness does not depend upon that reactions of others. Self-forgiveness comes from sincerity. When someone is sincerely sorry for something they have done all they can really do is offer a sincere apology. Certainly there could amends made, financial or otherwise if appropriate and possible, but in the case we are discussing in this thread there wasn't much else that could be done.

How folks respond to that apology is really a moot point. If the apology is not sincere, the person making that apology knows it and it would not matter if everyone began singing their highest praises - no peace or comfort would be achieved since they would know it was based upon false premise.

So I chose to accept Robert's declaration at face value, since it mattered not a whit to me whether or not he was sincere. That is for his own conscience.

You say we were fooled and we are suckers - at what cost? It wasn't as if he was asking for money. On the other hand, your fear of being "fooled" or "suckered" in such a benign circumstance says quite a bit about you.

Robert may be gone, but he lives rent free in your head...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

BWahahahahaha!! "He believes no protection work on real person" -- classic

Reply to
G. Morgan

ion :

e

It is amazing even with robertnow gone he is still causing problems in the group. Now thats a legacy

Reply to
Nicholas Markowicz

ssion :

de

Not really, give it a week and it'll all be back to normal unless G starts posting some memorial stuff

Reply to
mleuck

Probably just another alias nickname.

Reply to
Josepi

Snip the rest of a way too long post-----------------

Joe you are stuck an a way of thinking wich is way too goody for me.. Keep it like that if you want, but dont try to make me change.. I respect you, will never respect bAss, and thats it..

Reply to
Petem

Thats what he seeded, thats what we harvest...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.