R.I.P. Robert L. Bass

Sadly, Robert passed away this past Sunday.

Rest in peace Robert.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Thank you Graham for posting this...

Reply to
tourman

Things have not been the same since Robert dropped off the forum when he got bad. May he rest in peace.

Reply to
nick markowitz

formatting link

Rest in peace Robert.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

formatting link

I'm pretty sure Robert's not one to "rest". He's more than likely reconfiguring a heavenly server to accept "PrayPal" and gearing up for his first 100 mile ride. My condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to Robert's family and friends.

"Death gives us sleep, eternal youth, and immortality." Jean Paul (1763-1825)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Rest in Peace Robert.

Did anyone remember to get his recipe for burgers?

Reply to
Spellcheck Patrol

Indeed I did. I was the phantom author of the "bassnastyburger" website from a few years back. The one with the paper target for practice shooting.

Also, I acquied

formatting link
a few months ago. I promised RLB I would turn it into a tribute site for him, rather than what is was.

I am taking ideas/suggestions on what to put on the site. Does anyone have photos? I will install a (moderated) guestbook and some photos I have, along with a poem that was his favorite.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Spellcheck Patrol

I agree. Too many bad memories. Take it down, but don't let it go. Keep it safe and away from anyone that could abuse it. That's the best thing you could do for Robert.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

That must have been quite a few years old. What was this? Would it be appropriate for the goofysplace site?

Reply to
Bill Fuhrmann

R.I.P. Robert....

he was available to everyone to help him answering from a silly question to even more.

R.I.P. from Greece....

Reply to
proguard

RHC:If you promised RLB that you would do that and he was ok with the idea, then do it. However, other than that, I agree with the others who say best to leave it alone. If you do go ahead, I have some pictures that might be suitable of he and I on a motorcycle run

Reply to
tourman

Thankfully no

Reply to
mleuck

I'll post my impressions

It's too bad he passed away however his legacy here is spending most of the time driving people away which he did very well, he slammed the entire security industry to push product and in a few cases tried to go real-life on those he disagreed with (including me). Had he been civil providing security advice and not back stab everyone he WOULD be missed.

You may all resume your gushing praises

Reply to
mleuck

Damn I love to read from you !! ;-)))))

Reply to
Petem

ssion

It was not very nice of him to slam Al Colombo from SSI Magazine either.

Reply to
nick markowitz

cussion

Shoot I just realized now we'll never know the real explanation behind that old "testimonial"

Reply to
mleuck

I'm sure Al doesn't hold any grudges. I know Robert tried his best to make amends before the end. I think that speaks volumes. And with this, I hope I've not stepped over into "gushing praises" territory. I certainly wouldn't want to offend our resident curmudgeons.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Yup, now he can practice his obsession and all important

"bottom posting"

RIP RLB

It's too bad he passed away however his legacy here is spending most of the time driving people away which he did very well, he slammed the entire security industry to push product and in a few cases tried to go real-life on those he disagreed with (including me). Had he been civil providing security advice and not back stab everyone he WOULD be missed.

You may all resume your gushing praises

Reply to
Josepi

Pete, I think he meant gushing praise for RLB, not for himself.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.