Question about ActiveHome's Activity Monitor...

Hi again!

Last night, I left ActiveHome's Activity Monitor window open on my PC, attached to my CM15A.

When I woke up this morning, I noticed a few strange activities that I have never seen before.

After going to bed, I see my last two received commands were perfect. My bathroom lights on, then off. Good.

This morning, at 8:41, I saw the same thing, bathroom light on and off.

Now, it's what I saw during the night that I cannot explain.

I saw these every 7-10 minutes:

A Mute D Mute N A N DVD F Down A Mute F A M B A VolumeUP D Mute D Power

WOW! That is weird!

I certainly never programmed any modules with those words, nor have I touched housecodes D, F, A. I use M and N.

I was sleeping, my wife is out of town, and I have seen no other phantom things like this before.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Michael G.
Loading thread data ...

Hi Dave!

I thought of the neighbour thing, however, the pattern just makes no sense.

Providing the first character is the house code, then it is certainly weird. Unless four neighbours (A, D, N, and F) have decided to each press a putton every 25 minutes...

If the first character could be generated from the same remote, then it still makes no sense.

I also thought that X10 can only receive 16 codes. So how would the software come up with N DVD, when I have all of the N's programmed with my own labels. Weird!

MG

Reply to
Michael G.

I don't use X-10's software and haven't bothered to upgrade the CM15A but...

Those look like the commands that X-10 uses with some of their home entertainment devices (e.g. DVD Anywhere). The commands can be sent by most of the X-10 4-in1, 6-in-1, 8-in-1, etc. remotes. They use the same RF protocol as the standard lighting commands but are outside of the "normal" address space.

Could a neigbor have such a remote?

"Michael G." wrote:

Reply to
Dave Houston

There can be a lot more codes than that transmitted via RF - the Firecracker device alone can transmit 64K different RF codes for example, although a lot are redundant insofar as their translation to X10 PLC signals is concerned.

All codes received by the CM15A aren't accurately translated by the AHP Activity Monitor. What you've seen might be RF codes transmitted by some remote that AHP hasn't been programmed to distinguish from remotes it knows about. And the Activity Monitor is then possibly displaying a mishmash of standard X10 and entertainment codes.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.