programming with CM15A & motion sensors

Hi,

I've got an ActiveHome CM15A USB interface device - does anyone know if it can be programmed with anything besides the ActiveHome Pro SDK? More specifically, I'm trying to write some software that can either receive signals from a wireless motion sensor, or query the sensor for its current state. Is that possible?

ActiveHome provides a very simple SDK, just one executable with a few functions, and it works for sending signals. It's supposed to be able to query devices but I have not gotten querying to work at all.

I have access to Windows & Mac OS X machines.

thanks,

-paul

Reply to
ptepper
Loading thread data ...

AFAIK there is no alternative software for the CM15A although a few people have partially reverse engineered the protocol and are writing Linux software for it. See Neil Cherry's Linux HA site.

However, all X-10 moti>Hi,

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi Paul,

As Dave said, the sensors are xmit only. But what if you would let the sensor signal start a CM15A macro? Then the event would be captured.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg

The event is captured when the motion occurs. What does a macro add?

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello Dave,

It would be just a kludge. If I understood Paul correctly he was looking for a chance to see after the fact whether a motion sensor has detected. IOW when he hasn't captured that event on his PC or elsewhere.

So you could trigger a macro that repetitively "plays" a code for a while. That way you could catch that code and assume a motion detect must have occurred within the last x minutes.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello Dave,

That would be the easiest option, of course. But Paul asked whether he could check the status in hindsight. I don't know why, maybe he doesn't run the PC all the time.

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to
Joerg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.