Pool Temperature Monitoring

I need to monitor IG pool water temperature. I have an OmniPro II and HAI 14A00-8 Water Temperture sensor. Any idea exactly how to get temperature measurement into the water flow. I was thinking a thermowell installed in return PVC but I'm not sure which type of Thermowell or exactly how to install. I'm concerned drilling a hole in PVC for temperature sensor will cause leakage under pressure. Are there any simpler methods, short of wrapping sensor outside of pipe with insulation? Any other ideas? Thanks !

Reply to
cjdahl
Loading thread data ...

Put the hole in the line just *ahead* of the pump. There is negative pressure there. The pipe is relatively thin. You can make a stronger insertion point by adding a sleave at that point and tapping a hole through the sleave.

FWIW, I have thermal sensors inserted at that location, plus the supply and return pipes leading to the roof solar collectors. None of them have ever leaked.

There may be other methods but the simplest is to drill the pipe, wrap the device once with Teflon tape and insert it. There are threaded fittings available from swimming pool automation manufacturers if you want. My sensors are simple, press-fit devices. As mentioned, they don't leak.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.