Peed off at Smarthome

I asked Smarthome why they dont sell plain white un-engraved buttons for their Insteon keypads (they only sell the clear ones, or white with A,B,C,D engraved). To replace all my buttons with white would cost close to $1000 dollars, (for crappy little plastic injection molded buttons that cost about .01 cent per 100 buttons to manufacture). I'm really pissed. Here was their response:

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your email. Whoever helped you was absolutely correct. You would need to purchase the Custom Etched buttons if you wanted "blank" buttons. Unfortunately, they are $49.99 a set, not $5.49 like the clear ones. We don't have an official recommendation for removing the lettering from buttons. One thing you could try is to use a Dremel tool with the polishing tip.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, Sam Smarthome, Inc.

Reply to
RickH
Loading thread data ...

I can understand that it upsets you, but they do not make the switches. Try Leviton

Reply to
D

The included "A, B, C, D, etc." buttons are not actually etched into the plastic (at least mine aren't). I suspect you could remove the lettering very easily with some polishing compound (no tools) and be left with some nice white, blank buttons.

Just an idea...

Reply to
Kremlar

Pfft, try getting RadioRA bezels some time. Get a good ankle grip first.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

This sounds primising, thanks, I'll order a set and try automotive rubbing compound on a flat surface.

Reply to
RickH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.