PDA control via Universal Remote

222 125906

Hiya

This might seem a little backwards, but i'm looking to use my universal remote (a Kameleon 6in1) to remotely control an Axim X5 which is set up to stream shoutcast radio to my stereo. I'm looking (eventually) to be able to seal the PDA in an enclosure in my bathroom to stream music to an amp and waterproof speakers. Obviously, i don't want to discover the answer to water + pda = . Has anyone heard of a tool that I can install on my pda to accept ir remote control commands?

Cheers in advance

Timbo

Reply to
groups
Loading thread data ...

I have been impressed with the power and range of the Kameleon: is there any way i can even test whether the Axim can receive CIR? I have also seen IrDA extenders for the Axim, and have biult a couple of IR extenders and COM port recievers for my laptop in the past. Assuming I can get the axim to recieve CIR have you seen any software for PDAs that can interpret the signals?

Thanks for the swift response!

Reply to
groups

how about using software from PDA IR keyboards?

Reply to
groups

Cheers Dave

I'll have a dig around and see what I can do. I'll come back and post any results i get.

(can you hear a flogging noise?)

Reply to
groups

Forget it - it is not practical.

The IR receiver on an Axim uses IrDA and has very limited range. IrDA uses

850nm IR while the remote uses CIR (C>Hiya
Reply to
Dave Houston

There are several software applications that turn the PDA into a remote and most include learning functions but they are only active in learn mode and require the remote to be within a few inches. You're unlikely to find anything that does what you want because of the range issue.

You can probably f>I have been impressed with the power and range of the Kameleon: is

Reply to
Dave Houston

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.