PC Controlled Lighting

Hi

Hopefully I am posting this to the correct forum. I am a UK resident and would like a solution for the following:

I have a PC acting as the centre for my Home Theatre - As a little touch I would like a cheap option to add to the PC so as to control the lighting in the Home Theatre.

Lighting is currently controlled from a 240v wall switch which controls 3 separate lights in the room. I also would like to control a small table lamp which plugs into a conventional wall plug socket.

Thanks in advance

Piers (UK)

Reply to
Calm-Down
Loading thread data ...

Dan,

I researched that plug in for a while. The impression I got from reading the HS message boards is that it is underdeveloped, unsupported, and overpriced.

I don't think the new version, Homeseer 2, has an MCE interface natively. As for front ends, they seem to be mostly pushing MainLobby.

I don't know anything about MCE, will be buying a copy soon. I *suspect* it might prove easy to create your own HS interface. We'll see.

E. Lee Dickinson Entertainment Design and Technology

Reply to
E. Lee Dickinson

If you happen to be using Windows XP Media Center Edition, I know that Homeseer released an X10 compatible add-on for MCE that allows you to control X10 modules from the comfort of your couch.

Take a look at

formatting link
I have NOT used this myself, but it looks interesting.

DanO

Reply to
DanO

Hi Piers Might be an idea to also post your request to a UK specific HA

list such as UKHA_D....

formatting link
hth Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

The "cheapest" pc control would probably be using an X10 firecracker controlled by batch files run by the computer. Don't know if firecracker/x10 stuff would work on UK systems.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

C-Bus might be a good solution, as to cost, your cheap may vary from my cheap. Have a look at it and decide if the money required to invest is worthwhile

Mick

Calm-Down wrote:

Reply to
Mick

Lee,

Thanks for the info. You may want to check out

formatting link
for other MCE plug-ins. Then there is always the defacto site for MCE,
formatting link
as well. You'll love MCE.

DanO

Reply to
DanO

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.