Panasonic Door Phone

I'm planning to buy a Panasonic KXTEA308E telephone system for home use (I work from home).

I also intend to buy a KX-T30865e door phone. The Panasonic proprietary part looks too modern (my building is old) so I intend to take out the PCB and re-house it in a sympathetic oak box. I'm going to run four wires to the box: two for the phone connection and two for the bell push, which will operate a standalone door bell in the conventional way. (I don't need the phone extensions to ring when someone pushes the button.)

Is the above feasible? I wondered if anyone had tried something similar and could pass on their comments.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the KX-T30865e? I can't find this information anywhere.

Reply to
Pandora
Loading thread data ...

Perfectly feasible. I have used the Pano door phone in various ways and also built interface units between them and other existing door systems. Will see if i have a s/hand unit lay around and measure for you.

Regards

Alastair

Reply to
Alastair

Thanks, Alastair

Reply to
Pandora

The entire box is 3 7/8" W x 5 1/8" H x 1" D

The PC board is 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 but you need to find a way to press the button as it's a mechanical connection. The mic, speaker and data leads are all external to the board.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Thanks, Carl!

Reply to
Pandora

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.