OTA television channel deletion filter

Some years ago I had a (rather expensive) high-pass filter made to cut out OTA television channels < 25. Things were quite crowded around here and this was the only way to get some space for locally modulated video. With the coming re-arrangement and DTV transition the area above 52 should be very commonly available and I'm hoping that the obvious low-pass filter will be a stock item. Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm assuming they will eventually put something above 52 that will interfere so using no filter at all won't be a long-term plan.

On the subject of local modulation, I noticed a possible ATSC solution:

formatting link
No idea what it costs and I'd rather have a stand-alone unit, but it's a start.

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...

I've been using channel 121 here (have Comcast digital) with a low pass filter set at channel 119, just about every other channel is taken or is too close to other channels to not mess them up too. I dont know for how long I'll have these either. But my digital Comcast boxes still need to be fed with an unfiltered cable (the filter seems to mess up the two way), luckily I ran 2 runs of coax to each room so I have an analog video network and a two way digital video network. To avoid needing more than one free channel on the analog network I have a quad split screen output that I modulate to channel 121, this way I can squeeze in 4 sources of video. This works better than tring to find four free channels or carve out RF notches.

Reply to
RickH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.