OT - Chair webbing

With an automated home, I find sitting in the yard enjoyable, knowing that the house will take care of itself.

Anyway, my chair of choice is an aluminum folding lawn chair. The webbing is starting to get pretty bad, and I know it's easy to replace. The problem I have is that I can's seem to find a place that sells the replacement webbing (it's a roll of plastic webbing about 3" wide, and last time I bought any, it was a couple of bucks.

Anybody know of a retailer that still sells replacement webbing? I've searched the web but didn't turn up anything.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
AZ Woody
Loading thread data ...

When I search the net I get a bunch of references to the cloth webbing used in furniture, but none about lawn chairs.

Also, this is a cheap item (a few bucks), and I don't want to pay more for shipping than for the item.. I'm hoping that someone can say "I saw them at (kmart,target,lowes,homedepot, ace hw, etc).

Reply to
AZ Woody

Just did a search on eBay for "chair webbing" and there is quite a bit available there.

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Here are a few places I found:

formatting link
Best of luck.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Try the following in Google: "replacement webbing lawn chair" and you should get lots. I already posted a few links that looked promising further up in the thread.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I found it!

Was walking past a big ACE HW today on the way to lunch, and saw they had a webbed lawn chair on display. (Turned out that they only had one in the store).. They had replacement webbing - a package with enough for 2 chairs for $8.50. They only had blue, but what the heck. I think I'll pick up an extra package tomorrow so I'll have replacement webbing 15 years from now when the chairs again need replacement.

BTW, for those wondering, yes I do have a couple of the "collapse into a bag" canvas chairs, but these alum chairs are about 25 years old, and were well built, and it would be a shame to toss them!

Thanks for the links, but the problem with ordering something like this from the web is that you spend more in shipping and handling than the price of the product.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
AZ Woody

I was just going to suggest 'old school hardware store'

I can recall the annual ritual of replacing lawn chair webbing from when I was a kid. Damn chairs lasted forever! I inherited a bunch of them a while back and they're STILL working great.

Reply to
wkearney99

That's the thing.. These things last FOREVER, if you replace the webbing (I only do it every 5-10 year, as they don't sit outside when not in use).

The "crunch up" canvas chairs aren't bad, but there's no way to repair them.

If you got to carry chairs for a bit, for example for the wife and kids to the park to watch the fireworks, there quite a bit lighter! (aka - you can carry more beer!)

Also, I find them better here in AZ... More airflow to the backside than the canvas crunch chairs.

Reply to
AZ Woody

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.