OOPic oDDELink obejct configuration

Greetings, somewhat of a newbie (or n00b if you prefer) around forums and the like, however I have a fairly pressing question regarding OOPics in relation to a robotics project I'm doing for uni (its due in 2 days time!)

I'm implementing a robotics system that uses two separate OOPics, each of which performs a portion of the processing - a form of distributed intelligence. However, my application requires the OOPics to be able to transfer information between each other, thus my intended usage of the oDDElink object on the I2C bus.

However in the oDDElink manual entry, you are instructed to set the master's 'location' property to the 'address' of the slave's oDDElink object. My question ... How does one obtain the address at which the slave's oDDElink object exists? Or do you just have to infer it from object sizes and declaration order?

Any help or advice here would be great (particularly if it is returned fairly promptly, as the deadline looms...).

Thanks, Noblepoet.

Reply to
Noblepoet
Loading thread data ...

Just a note, I managed to find a solution from a helpful chap in the OOPic user group over at Yahoo. If anyone's interested ... after 'make'ing (i.e. compiling) the code, one clicks OpCodes in the View menu. This brings up a listing of the programming commands that will be sent to the OOPic. Objects are near the top, so one simply has to scroll down till they say a line with " '-> objectname " - the number to the lift of this is the address of the object.

Sorry for the bother, the Noble Poet.

Reply to
Noblepoet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.