Ocelot

Does the light on the TW523 blink when the ocelot is trying to send? Have you tried a different connecting cable, or at least verified continuity of the current cable? Tried a different TW523? Tried the same TW523 on a different device (I realize you might not have a whole heap of options in your cache of HA equipment).

The TW523's are notorious for being cheap pieces of shit.

Reply to
brian
Loading thread data ...

Does it receive from any plug-in units?

Do you have s>Hello, All!

Reply to
Dave Houston

I agree, the TW523 isn't very good.

I haven't tried this, but the serial Powerlinc (1132B) from Smarthome is supposedly is a "direct plug-in replacement for the TW523".

I have an older one that I use in the "normal" Powerlinc mode and it has been very reliable.

snipped-for-privacy@karas.net wrote:

Reply to
Mitch

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello, All!

After much stuffing around I finally got my Ocelot programmed and happening. One problem, whilst the Ocelot sees incoming X10, the X10 it sends is not picked up by any of the plug in units. All the hard wired units work fine. Any clues.

I've even gone so far as to plug the XM10 into the same power point as a lamp. Nothing. Can turn it on and off with X10. The Ocelot sees those signals but sending X10 to the plug in modules result in 0.

g
Reply to
Gargamil

What plug-in units do you have? What hard wired units?

Are the non-responsive units all on one circuit or on both?

Do you have any way to send X-10 >Hello, Dave!

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello, Dave!

Single phase. Two power circuits - ie two fuses at the box.

You wrote on Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:16:08 GMT:

DH> Do you have s ??>> Hello, All! ??>>

??>> After much stuffing around I finally got my Ocelot programmed and ??>> happening. One problem, whilst the Ocelot sees incoming X10, the X10 ??>> it sends is not picked up by any of the plug in units. All the hard ??>> wired units work fine. Any clues. ??>>

??>> I've even gone so far as to plug the XM10 into the same power point ??>> as a lamp. Nothing. Can turn it on and off with X10. The Ocelot ??>> sees those signals but sending X10 to the plug in modules result in 0. ??>>

??>> g ??>>

With best regards, Gargamil. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tpgi.com.au

Reply to
Gargamil

Hello, snipped-for-privacy@karas.net!

Everything works as it should from the Ocelot something is going awry in the translation

You wrote on 17 Aug 2005 06:15:53 -0700:

b> Does the light on the TW523 blink when the ocelot is trying to send? b> Have you tried a different connecting cable, or at least verified b> continuity of the current cable? Tried a different TW523? Tried the b> same TW523 on a different device (I realize you might not have a whole b> heap of options in your cache of HA equipment).

b> The TW523's are notorious for being cheap pieces of shit.

Reply to
Gargamil

Hello, Dave!

So what's the solution?

You wrote ??>> I agree, the TW523 isn't very good. ??>>

??>> I haven't tried this, but the serial Powerlinc (1132B) from Smarthome ??>> is supposedly is a "direct plug-in replacement for the TW523". ??>>

??>> I have an older one that I use in the "normal" Powerlinc mode and it ??>> has been very reliable. ??>>

??>> snipped-for-privacy@karas.net wrote: ??>>> Does the light on the TW523 blink when the ocelot is trying to send? ??>>> Have you tried a different connecting cable, or at least verified ??>>> continuity of the current cable? Tried a different TW523? Tried the ??>>> same TW523 on a different device (I realize you might not have a ??>>> whole heap of options in your cache of HA equipment). ??>>>

??>>> The TW523's are notorious for being cheap pieces of shit. ??>>>

Reply to
Gargamil

Do you have any way to send X-10 independent of the Ocelot?

What are the model numbers of the plug->The non responsive units are all the plug in modules - irrespective of where

Reply to
Dave Houston

The non responsive units are all the plug in modules - irrespective of where they are in the house. Yes the computer module triggers the plug in modules every time.

Hello, Dave! You wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:53:35 GMT:

DH> Are the non-responsive units all on one circuit or on both?

DH> Do you have any way to send X-10 ??>> Hello, Dave! ??>>

??>> Single phase. Two power circuits - ie two fuses at the box. ??>>

??>> You wrote on Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:16:08 GMT: ??>>

DH>>> Do you have single or multi-phase power? ??>>

DH>>> "Gargamil" wrote: ??>>

??>>>> Hello, All! ??>>>>

??>>>> After much stuffing around I finally got my Ocelot programmed and ??>>>> happening. One problem, whilst the Ocelot sees incoming X10, the ??>>>> X10 it sends is not picked up by any of the plug in units. All the ??>>>> hard wired units work fine. Any clues. ??>>>>

??>>>> I've even gone so far as to plug the XM10 into the same power ??>>>> point as a lamp. Nothing. Can turn it on and off with X10. The ??>>>> Ocelot sees those signals but sending X10 to the plug in modules ??>>>> result in 0. ??>>>>

??>>>> g ??>>>>

??>> With best regards, Gargamil. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tpgi.com.au ??>>

Reply to
Gargamil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.