Hi

I would like to build home automation system in which I can control the boiler switch from the internet.

I could not find the information which pc controller should I buy. Will this do the trick

formatting link

What is the differenec from this one:

formatting link
Does the later connect to the PC through serial port?

Thank you Saar Carmi

Reply to
saarcarmi
Loading thread data ...

How will you interface with the Internet?

The 1132b has an RS232 interface and you can communicate with using a fairly simple ASCII protocol. The 1132b can also emulate the 1135.

The 1135 has a TTL (Transistor-Transistor Logic) >Hi

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks for the quick answer!

Now, can I find the 1132b in 220v version in the USA? The 20amp/220v appilence for the boiler is available here

formatting link
But I could not find the right contoller...

Connecting it to the Internet is just a programming issue. If I'll know how to make a program that turns on the boiler (with the controller), I can, for example, make a program which reads an email and turns it on when an email arrives. Then I'll be able to turn on the boiler with my mobile phone... Of course there are many security issues here, but as I said, it's a programming issue.

Thanks again Saar

Reply to
saarcarmi

The 1132B is not available for 220V.

If you are going to use a 220V appliance module you can find European versions of it as well as X-10 220V controllers with RS232 interfaces.

Search for "CM12" at

formatting link
to see what's available.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Dave Houston

You can go with a single box solution that plugs into your home network with something like this

formatting link
Or check this good site ive found for some similar products for really cheap prices
formatting link
Carp3d

Reply to
carp3dny

What is the difference between CM12 and 1132b beside the voltage? Do you operate the CM12 with the same simple ASCII protocol?

Can I buy CM12 at

formatting link
and a X10 applience
formatting link
they work together?

Anyway, do you think there is a better solution using RF instead of X10 ??

Reply to
saarcarmi

The CM12 will work with 3 phase systems while the 1132B will only work with a single phase system.

The communications protocol for the CM12 is a bit more complicated but it can be controlled via a command line interface using simple English commands.

Aside from the plug style, I think the USA appliance module will work but Laser (and other European dealers) also have European versions of it. Search there using "appliance module".

There are numerous RF systems available >What is the difference between CM12 and 1132b beside the voltage?

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.