new hardware

This looks like it might be of interest for DIY HA.

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

I've skimmed through part of the manual. This is really powerful. It's pin compatible with the BasicStamp2 and BasicX-24 but blows both away in terms of speed & performance (ATMega128 based) and only costs $34. It's a bit light on EEPROM but has I²C and SPI so adding EEPROM is simple.

Their touchscreen is a bit pricey for B/W but has built->This looks like it might be of interest for DIY HA.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Very slick. Thanks for posting it.

RF Dude.

Reply to
RoughRider

Reply to
Dave Houston

And the new "BX-24-compatible" now shipping from Zbasic.net is twice as fast and has twice the RAM and NV data memory of the latest BX-24 (BX-24p).

formatting link
Unlike the offerings from
formatting link
that Dave helpfully references (neat stuff !) the Zbasic devices from zbasic.net (also available as 40-pin and 44-pin with more I/O) are designed to be _code_ compatible with Netmedia's BasicX language used by the BX-24 and BX-24p -- not just pin compatible like Basic Stamp and Comfile Technology's CUBLOC.

The Atmel ATMega32-based Zbasic offerings still only have one hardware UART (although software UARTS are improved). CUBLOC uses ATMega128 with two hardware UARTs which can significantly simplify programming and reduces the potential for comm (RS-xxx) errors. Both have plenty of speed for most embedded HA apps IMO.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.