new 1/8 VGA color touchscreen

These look like they'll be useful for HA. The price isn't great but it's not outrageous, either. With serialk USB, & parallel interfaces it should be easy to integrate with PICs, etc. This looks better than the system that was discussed here a few days ago that required a PC.

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

Impressive indeed. I'd wonder how readily fresh bitmaps can be uploaded to it? I could envirion fancier HA screens might take more than the alloted 64k/1M flash. But if it's capable of of uploading new ones via serial at a fast enough clip that'd be great. USB has distance limits that would make it less than suitable for HA but plenty cool for industrial panel mount situations.

The roadmap for the next model, at $50 sounds perfect for single-gang wall plate applications.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I can't wait for some manuals. The pix show what appear to be an IR emitter and IR receiver and there are 20 I/O pins. If these are accessible for programming, adding RF should be easy.

It appears they intend the 1MB flash to store screen images that can be preloaded via RS232 or USB. The controller limits it to 256 colors but that's probably sufficient for command & control applications.

This link gives a few more details.

formatting link
?sc=7&category=297&it=A&id=4233 There is a manual available for the non-touchscreen version. It looks like it uses the SiliconLabs single chip RS232/USB bridge. I've used that in a couple of prototypes.

It would be superb if the ATMega128 can be user programmed.

I also noticed the future, smaller ezLCD-003 $50 touchscreen. It's 65K colors.

Reply to
Dave Houston

I should have read the ezLCD-001 manual. I had only looked at the pictures.

It uses the FTDI chips for USB. They could save money, reduce USB-related board space, and improve performance with the Silicon Labs chip.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.