Network & TV cable question

When running network and video cable up walls and under the floor, do I have to keep the CAT6 cable and co-ax (CT100) cable apart or can they run together in the same trunking?

Reply to
no--spam
Loading thread data ...

They can be run in the same bundle. Try to avoid running network and video cables, as well as alarm cables close and parallel to 110/220VAC cables.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Running together is fine

Just keep them away from AC powerlines

Reply to
Brian

You forgot to add that if you do have to cross an AC line, do so at a 90 degree angle. Maintain a distance of at least 12 inches from 110AC and 18 inches from 220 on any parallel runs. Always drill your own holes in any headers. Don't use the ones the electrician does. If you're going to do your own prewire, do so after the plumber and electrician have finished. Before they cover the walls and ceilings, walk through the house and look for any cut wires or other anomalies. I've found a few in the past where the sheet metal guy cut some... and last minute changes involving extra plumbing runs could result in some burnt wires too.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Not quite. The generally accepted rule of thumb is 1 foot from 110VAC and 2 feet from 220VAC.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh... Your "thumb" must be bigger than mine... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.