Need wireless network camera, easy to use and small

Need some advice from some folks who know way more than me.

I need a camera to monitor a high crime area on our business property (A large K - 12 school)

Crime happens after hhours.

I would like a small camera (not necessarily a "hidden" camera, but one not too noticeable) that can connect to my network/the internet via 802.11-G, with maybe the option to hook it in via 10/100 cat5 cable.

Id like an option like emailing motion pics it naps to a few email addresses (without having to pay for a service)

I am not into this kind of thing (security cameras, etc) so I would hope to get one that is easy to use.

Any suggestions are helpful. i was a bit vauge so if I need to explain something further, please let me know. Thanks in advance! Jazz Mann

Reply to
Jazz
Loading thread data ...

Howdy Jazz! You looking for something like this:

formatting link
Brett

Reply to
Brett Crapser

Brett, thanks a millions, seems like i have seen alot of these on ebay... have you used them? Im just wondering how easy the doftware is to use... how "plug n play" the unit is into a network...

Reply to
Jazz

Nope - haven't used them - but I would try one if I could afford it 8-)

Overall the concept is simple but as you say - how plug-n-play is it?

I was going for one of the wired units but they all sold out before I got my pennies together to try it. Ebay huh?

Brett

Reply to
Brett Crapser

Reply to
Jazz

Ive been reading alot of good things about Panasoic network cameras.... any thoughts on those for my specific needs? Thanks in advance again!

Reply to
Jazz

"Jazz" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Some things I noticed with my (Axis 205) IP cam are:

- Image quality at, let's say 20 meters (aprox 60 feet) is poor/ not good enough to monitor a large area.

- For night vision, I think 8 IR led's will only help you to secure a door with the camera NEXT TO IT.

Reply to
JanK

The cheap panny network cam I bought < $100 had a night mode of 4 lux. That sucks. I sent it back.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

There is at least one of the regs here who like them. Google this group for earlier posts

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.