Need more input

Thanks Robert, that saved me a phone call.

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

No problem. Hope your customer likes the system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ah, no, that's Bill Kearney, not Fuhrman.

I've not had to get fiber terminated in a couple of years. But I'd check with a local cabling installing first before making decisions on end terminals. It may be available at reasonable rates these days. And be sure to get a multi-strand fiber so you have spares in the event of failure (or future needs).

Agreed, we had at least four failures a year in an aging 100pair copper cable with a 500yd run under a sports field. It wasn't so much direct strikes by lightning as it was transients with unknown causes. Could've been all sorts of things. Switching to fiber has been trouble free for nearly a decade since.

I concur, it'd be less hassle software-wise to take something like serial and run it along Ethernet in the fiber than vice-versa.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Hi Guys

Also here in Oz the Elk M1 distributors (Ness) will be bringing out a 2 way interface module to connect to CBUS.. I think theres an existing one way interface ...CBUS as Dave mentioned is a hardwired system thats recently new to the states....... Heres a link to some CBUS Kit

formatting link
Also one of the US (North Carolina) guys at Coocoontech is currently diy,ing a CBUS install....

formatting link
HTH Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Frank,

Is there a l>

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi Dave

I got the info from another guy.....Did a quick google but i dont think theres a manual available for it as yet ....

formatting link
HTH Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Frank,

Thanks for the link. I'll try to remember to check it now and then to see if they publish a user manual or specs. In the Cocoontech thread you cited someone said ELK would be selling it here so maybe there will be some documentation available from them at some point.

I just happened to be at the po>

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.