Napco GEM-RS232 doc

Does anyone have a copy of the tech manual for the Napco Gemini RS232? I've got the install doc (2 pages about plug this into that) but I'm looking for the other doc that comes with it. As seen on

formatting link
it's called the "Communications Protocol" document or the "GEM Developer" guide. (But unfortunately, the link to the doc on basshome.com is broken and I checked with Robert and he doesn't have a copy of the file any more.)

Alternatively, if anyone has custom software that they wouldn't mind sharing the source of, I could reverse engineer the information contained in the guide from your code.

Thanks for any help!!

Reply to
kentruesdale
Loading thread data ...

Does anyone have a copy of the tech manual for the Napco Gemini RS232? I've got the install doc (2 pages about plug this into that) but I'm looking for the other doc that comes with it. As seen on

formatting link
it's called the "Communications Protocol" document or the "GEM Developer" guide. (But the basshome.com link is broken and I checked with Robert and the doc is gone.)

Alternatively, if anyone has written custom code that they are willing to share the source of, I'd be able to reverse engineer the contents of the doc.

Thanks for any help!!

Reply to
usenet.10.kentruesdale

Try Jim Rojas at

formatting link
He has every manual known to man... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

What I have is nap_gem-developer.pdf which is the 14-page "Napco GEMINI Home Automation Development Specification" and is dated 10/98.

It states that "It is intended to allow third party developers to write their own code in the language of their choice (Basic, C++, 8051, etc.) to run on the platform of their choice (PC, MAC, proprietary black box, etc.) to both monitor and alter the operation of the control panel." It makes no statement about limiting the (re)distribution, and bears no copyright statement.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.