Multiple Computer Speakers

I have a small business and would like to have music in as many as 8 different rooms. I would like to use one dedicated computer to play MP3 files to computer speakers in each of the rooms so the music can be synchronized. Each computer speaker set is powered and has a small sub-woofer and each set of the computer speakers has a volume control.

My questions----

It possible to hook up multiple sets of computer speakers using Y connectors and extension wires? Is it possible to hook up 8 sets, or might there be a "max recommended" number? Are there any significant concerns of heat generation or sound degradtion or significant volume reduction?

Thanks for your assistance.

Reply to
rogerpart
Loading thread data ...

Yes. You'll need a line level distribution amplifier though. These are not expensive.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Something like this should fit the bill. You may cascade them for more outputs.

formatting link

Reply to
Slammer

That will work fine. Extron is one of the better names. They retail for $225-250 apiece though and he needs two units.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Class B (Refurbs) $139.53 but I agree for the application, cheaper is more gooder.

Reply to
Slammer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.