monoprice

I just ordered a whole bunch of HD cables HDMI, DVI, component video, s video, cat6 patch cables, etc. from these guys. The prices are very good and the cables are excellent. For example the HDMI cable I ordered uses 22 gauge wire, most HDMI cables at the big box stores use only 28 or 24 gauge wire and cost literally 20 times the price. The picture is great with a 25 foot run. I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer.

monoprice.com

Reply to
RickH
Loading thread data ...

Right...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Actually they are pretty good cables at a decent price. I've gotten quite a few from them. And when I'd ordered the wrong sort of fiber cables (short

3' TOS-link style) they said keep the wrong ones and just sent new ones. Fast shipping, great service, great prices. Granted, the original post surely looked like spam.
Reply to
Bill Kearney

That's what I was actually responding to. It sure looked like spam to me. I'm glad you had such a good experience.

Reply to
Frank Olson

At first glance it did but a perusal of the poster's Google profile shows he contributes to various discussions related to home auomation. I figured it was a legitimate plug from a satisfied customer.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Yes, I was disgusted by the outrageous prices of HDMI cables and found this place from another discussion on a different board. So I passed it along.

Reply to
RickH

Thanks!

I just placed an order. They have good prices and some items I have never seen before. Their Power Panels solve the problem of my "heart/lung" PC having various cable hanging out of it.

Reply to
Lewis Gardner

I recently upgraded my sound system and didn't think to order HDMI cables from our wholesale suppliers. Even the "big box" stores charge ludicrous prices for them. The fellow who flamed you contributes nothing but vitriol here. He's well known for it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No chit! It's APPALLING what customers are being gouged for HDMI cables in retail channels. I've got a 50' Monster cable brand HDMI cable side-by-side with one from Monoprice. I've swapped them and noticed absolutely no difference between them. I've used a Silicon Optix test DVD on a Oppo player to really push for the highest quality picture tests and they're indistinguishable in picture and sound quality. I only bought the Monster one because it was in-stock locally and we had guests coming over.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I know, I needed 2 runs at 25 feet each so that I would not have any wasted ports on my projector, also I wanted to run the composite, S, component and rs232 ports back to my rack too. (The cable price easily exceeding the projector price had I shopped at the big box) All the VooDoo hype still cant beat 22 gauge wire vs the 24 to 28 gauge in the monster cable, I have never seen 22 gauge at the big box. Since HDMI is a digital signal its either there or its not. Unlike analog signals which are usually more suseptable to capacitance, shielding, long runs, etc.

Reply to
RickH

Incidentally, we're about to add an extensive line of cables, including HDMI, composite, component, fiber, etc., to our website. Pricing should be competitive. I'll have more details after I meet with the rep this Friday.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.