monitor ademco 20p events with cm11a?

I'm wondering if it's possible and if anyone's done it .. I'm a bit of a noob here...

I have an ademco 20p security system installed. I understand from the manual that I can have events triggered via the x10 interface.

If I have a cm11a interface on my pc, is it possible to see all the "fired" events from the 20p panel so they can be logged?

Thanks.

Dan.

Reply to
drk
Loading thread data ...

Yep, works great, I use it to trigger my home automation software to call my cell phone or send sms messages regarding the status of the alarm panel.

RT

Reply to
RT

OK, thanks ... any insights into what I would look at programming in to have all events fire an x10 event? or failing that, major events and such? I seem to recall there being some kind of limitation on the number/type of events that can be fired off. I'm just looking at logging all that I can, so I'm looking at firing x10 events for as much as I can then ...

thanks again.

Dan.

RT wrote:

Reply to
drk

Sorry for delay...Vacation time of year....

I have my system fire on the following events: AWAY,STAY, NIGHT activate system deactivate Page button Motion detect main hallway Gun Case open Basement Motion Front Door Side Door Basement Door

with the 20P, you can have up to 16 X10 codes assigned to events.

Using most any X10 control software you can monitor for these events codes and then perform some duty in response, Homeseer is great for this.

RT

Reply to
RT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.