Lev 6417 & Lev 6291?

I have a Lev 6417 motion sensor that I want to disable on weeknights. I have a lev 6311 programmer set to turn off a Lev 6291 that is feeding the Lev 6417 motion sensor on weeknights. The funny thing is every time I try to turn the 6291 off remotely (via X10), it clicks off and right back on again - instantaneously. However, it can be turned on and off locally with no problems. It doesn't matter what type of transmitter I use; same thing always happens (off-on). However, if I disconnect the Lev 6417 motion form the load side of the 6291, everything is fine. If then reconnect the 6417 back up to the 6291 load and place a 60W light bulb on the load side of the

6291 in parallel with the 6417; it works fine. Anyone seen this before? Why would this be? TIA

Paul

Reply to
Paul S.
Loading thread data ...

Are you controlling floresent lights? If so, that does happen with a number of X10 devices. I have the same problem when using Leviton 6227's. I had to add a multiple plug outlet into the controlled side and add a 7 watt night light. That cured the problem. Without it, there is no load on the circuit since the floresent lights don't have any or way too lite.

Don

Reply to
Don

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.