Keystone Patch Panel Question

I am installing a new home network with approximately 24 Cat6 runs that I plan to terminate to a patch panel in my basement. I am planning on using a patch panel that allows me to snap in keystone jacks. Should I use any particular type of keystone jack for the patch panel or will the Cat6 keystone jacks I use for the wall plates do the job? I have seen "High Density (HD) Category" Jacks advertised on websites and wonder if they are necessary. I am concerned about inteference between the jacks. Thanks.

Reply to
kramefish
Loading thread data ...

You needn't be concerned with interference between the jacks. The high density ones are narrow so the cutouts can be spaced more closely. With only 24 you shouldn't have a problem using what you have in a standard configuration. Just try a couple next to each other in the panel you want to use to ensure they fit next to each other OK.

From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.