Keypadlinc interferes with homeplug network!

I have a homeplug ethernet powerline network

formatting link
linking my computers together that has always been reliable. It operates at a different frequency than X10 signals. I just installed a Keypadlinc (12073W) and it killed the network. I tried disabling the "boosterlinc" feature and it didn't help! I grabbed an extension cord and plugged the homeplug ethernet bridge into a different outlet on same cicuit, still won't work! I then tried plugging it into a different circuit and it works. Is there any fix or do I need to bite the bullet and go wireless??

Reply to
mike2711
Loading thread data ...

"killed the network" is rather general. Can you be more specific?

Is the network affected 100% of the time or only when the Keypadlinc is transmitting X-10?

Have you had other X-10 devices that work? If so, how long have you used them with the network?

I suspect you have a defective Keypadl>I have a homeplug ethernet powerline network

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi Dave! The upstairs computer no longer recognizes the downstairs computer, once the keypadlinc was installed... The network is affected

100%. I have been using a Leviton 6308 photocell controller for a year or so with no troubles but I suspect the keypadlinc draws more current or something...
Reply to
mike2711

It's more likely that the Keypadlinc has a line filter that is attenuating the (much) higher frequencies used by Homeplug. Some *linc modules have exhibited problems with high frequency 'noise' on the line so they may have taken a shotgun approach.

Levit>Hi Dave! The upstairs computer no longer recognizes the downstairs

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks Dave! It looks like I will have to go to a wireless network since I plan to install more of these keypadlincs. The keypadlincs seem like a good product but they seem a little quirky with any type of noise or anything for that matter on the powerline. Every time my furnace kicks on, the keypadlinc blinks!

Reply to
mike2711

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.