Irda control a sound amp

m trying to control a amp by IrDA ,I have a SigmaTel USB Dongle. I have tryed Remocon-Con Ver.2.8 but keep getting the error (The system dll user32.dll was relocated in memory ,....memery occupied an address reserved for windows).

Is there any windows software that I can use to do this, if possible something that would learn from the real remote.

I will tell you what I have here : A headless unit running 2k that is used as a mp3 store for winamp and I remote access this from a laptop by UlraVNC.

So what I need is to be-able to control the amps from the laptop aswell.

The laptop runs XP Home.

I hope that that is understanable.

WW

Reply to
WeeWillyTonka
Loading thread data ...

IRDA doesn't work with AV equipment, it's made for short range data only.

Reply to
Paul

: > Is there any windows software that I can use to do this, : > if possible something that would learn from the real remote. : >

: > I will tell you what I have here : : > A headless unit running 2k that is used as a mp3 store for winamp and I : > remote access this from a laptop by UlraVNC. : >

: > So what I need is to be-able to control the amps from the laptop aswell. : >

: > The laptop runs XP Home. : >

: >

: > I hope that that is understanable. : >

: > WW : >

: >

: : I beleave, yes it has only a short range for data transfer-but for short burst as a remote the range is some what more 12/16ft.Then I may be wrong as with a palm,thats the thing I can find loads of software ect for a palm but only very old not working with XP for a notebook :(

WW

Reply to
WeeWillyTonka

Most of the palm software I've come across requires other hardware. If you Google around you should be able to find schematics for a serial based IR remote dongle.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.