Insteon Shipping & Elk Price M1G lowers

SMarthome is shipping Insteon now. I'm sure most are aware of this but haven't seen anything here.

I'll be adding it very soon.

The powerful Elk M1G is now lower $545.93

formatting link

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

That is correct. ELK lowered the dealer cost and MAP on the M1Gold. They are discontinuing the M1 Standard panel. In July we expect to have the new "M1 Easy8" panel as well. This will be a full-featured panel like the M1 Gold but with less I/O. We are also now shipping the Elk Ethernet port for the M1 Gold. One of the advantages of ELK's TCP/IP connection is a built-in web server. No dedicated PC server is required.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

That's pretty much the same thing ELK told me when they announced the new (lower) pricing.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

..It will have the security and automation power of the M1Gold, except for the voice capability (voice alerts, voice dialer, and telephone remote control).

This is my understang of the panel.

Reply to
Brian

"Brian" wrote in news:QqYie.1902$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

It looks like the only controller so far is the 5-unit controller that comes w/ their start-up kit. They state that the x10 hardware will work w/ Insteon, does that include the controllers (can I use my palmpad to control the Insteon hardware)? Or are they just talking about the modules?

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

I'm pretty sure this is the case. I don't have any product in yet but I'm sure it won't be long. The details of there system is sketchy.

Here is a article wriiten by someone who saw the products at a show.

formatting link

Reply to
Brian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.