Install a bathroom window question

Hello...I am considering installing a window in my bathroom. There is no window now so this means cutting an opening right through to the outside. Interesting idea for the do it yourselfer. Any advice or does anyone know of a site that might have enough detail and/or illustrations to really help? I might chicken out and get a pro, but I just thought I would do some fact finding first. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks.

Reply to
JustBrowsing
Loading thread data ...

alt.home.repair would be a MUCH better place to ask this question.

Reply to
John Hines

Without knowing how your home is constructed (thatch hut, wood frame, brick, CMU, concrete bunker?) it's impossible to give any answer other than "call a contractor." There's more to it than cutting a hole in the wall and a permit will probably be required. Before cutting remember that there may be pipes and/or wires in that wall too. If you live in a stick frame house and want a window no more than 14" wide that will fit between existing studs it should be fairly easy if you know how to do a proper, weather tight installation. Although I know what to do and how to do it, I'd still leave the job to a qualified contractor/installer.

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.