Industrial PLC and X10 Protocol

Hi

Has anyone managed to interface the X10 protocol with an Industrial PLC? I have several X10 modules along with the PC link and software running in my home at the moment. Also I have a Seimens S7 226 PLC which I can program to run other hard wired items, can the PLC read the X10 protocol via an add on module or somewhere in the PLC programming software? If anyone has managed to do this I would be interested to know their findings or if anyone knows a link to a site, that would be helpful too.

Cheers

Brian (England)

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

Brian,

You would have to get a converter that would go from some native communication available on the S7 PLC to the X-10, and write your own code on the PLC. The best bet would probably be the TW523 which converts serial to X-10 commands. Then you just use a serial port on the S7, write your serial command function blocks and there you go. I don't think there are any Profibus to X-10 converters, although that would be cool.

Reply to
RM

Reply to
Dave Houston

Better tell X-10 that:

formatting link

Reply to
RM

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.