In Wall Switch

I don't think so. The switches are just standard non-X10 switches. Only one of the MicroModules even transmits X-10 and I think you'd have to use it with no lighting load if you merely wanted to generate an X-10 signal for the system controller.

I th>I was looking at the In Wall Switches from Marmitec and have a few

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

I was looking at the In Wall Switches from Marmitec and have a few questions that I can't find answers to in their website. Perhaps someone here can help me out.

Here goes:

The question is about the following products:

AW12 MicroModule

formatting link
LW12 MicroModule with dimmer
formatting link
AWM2 MicroModule
formatting link
LWM1 MicroModule with dimmer
formatting link

Here's my question:

Is the function of the switch (that is wired to the MicroModules) and the dimmer/relay (in the MicroModule) separated so that the switch can be used as input to the system controller without operating the dimmer/relay?

Regards Claus

Reply to
Claus Nygaard-Pedersen

Yes. The LWM1 will transmit its state whenever it is turned off or on via the switch.

I th>Dave Houston skrev:

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave Houston skrev:

Thanks for your help Dave.

What I really would like is to connect a switch (pulse) to some kind of module that can generate a X-10 signal for the system controller.

At the same time I would like some kind of module that holds a on/off or dimmer function for the lamp.

At best Both of the above in one box. Or as an alternative in two boxes.

Anyone with an idea on what's on the market that can do this for me?

Regards Claus

Reply to
Claus Nygaard-Pedersen

Dave Houston skrev:

Some of the modules I mentioned have to-way X-10 transmission. From what you write is sounds as if I should only expect a status signal telling the system controller whether the switch is on or off.

Did I understand you correct on this one?

Regards Claus

Reply to
Claus Nygaard-Pedersen

Dave Houston skrev:

Then it's beginning to get cramped behind the switch with two modules :(

So... to replace a double switch for a chandelier I would need 4 modules...... I'm beginning to loose faith in this X-10 system :(

Regards Claus

Reply to
Claus Nygaard-Pedersen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.