How to set timers for z-wave devices

Hi Can we create timers [similar to PLC 2414U for both insteon and x10 devices] for z-wave devices. If yes then what will be the commands and/ or procedure for the same.If it is not possible then what will be the alternative for it. I have HA22 usb stick along with certain z-wave devices. Currently I am not making use of any software for controlling z-wave devices and i am looking timers from programming point of view and not manually using c# 2005

Thanks

Arnie

Reply to
arnie
Loading thread data ...

It will depend on the controller(s)/interface(s) used. There are both serial and USB (actually internal USB/serial adapter added to serial device) interfaces that predate your HA22 but I'm not sure that either has internal memory for timers and macros. I think both expect to be connected to a PC or embedded microcontroller which would handle timers/macros.

The Intermatic site really doesn't offer much in the way of specs or programming instructions. Is there a user manual for it?

formatting link
mControl sells a Starter kit which includes the HA22 and their PC software so my guess is that you need a PC 24/7 for timers.

formatting link
There is at least one Vizia handheld remote that says it handles timers but a search of its user manual for "timer" comes up empty.

formatting link
However, I do not pay much attenti>Hi

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks Dave, I am expecting it is only you that will reply to my query As earlier I have told you since it is part of my automation project being developed in c# 2005.Earlier the discussion is on Insteon and x10 but now I am working on Z-wave devices.The z-wave controller is HA22 intermatic usb stick as I have mentioned. After going through the functions available corresponding to the ControlThink.ZWave.dll, I have noticed there are functions related to Scenes but it seems to me that Scenes only work for those z-wave devices which basically supports them. What do you think the activation of scene can be considered equivalent to timer? THanks once again Arnie

Reply to
arnie

As a general rule, scene data is stored within the switch or module so, yes, they only work with devices that have scene support built in. It is a method for having multiple devices (with multiple network addresses) go to some predefined state simultaneously. The number of scenes that a switch or module can participate in varies from with the type of technology (X10, Insteon, UPB, Z-Wave) and manufacturer. For example, the X10 LM14A lamp module can belong to 4 scenes. When it sees a command for Scene A it goes to the level previously defined for it and Scene A. Other devices that participate in Scene A will respond by going to their predefined Scene A levels (which may differ for each participant). Each device can have different levels for the different scenes it participates in. Most of the technologies allow for many more scenes than does X10.

Scenes are popular with home theater arrangements where it's desirable to set several devices at once.

Timers and macros are different. They are almost always stored >Thanks Dave, I am expecting it is only you that will reply to my query

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.