How to get DSC alarm system to communicate with my PC? (hacks/mods ?)

Remember, I only monitor 1 installation.

Not dozens, or hundreds, or more.

How many of you guys have to chase down a faulty pir on a daily or weekly basis?

How often do you think I'm gonna have problems with my 6 (six, only six, 2 sets of 3 wired in series) given the fact that they were already mounted, wired and adjusted by someone else?

Reply to
Alarm Guy
Loading thread data ...

Only once.

Then ........ after two or three days/weeks/or months of trial and error, trouble shooting with indefinite results, trying to find out which unit is falsing, you'll get the point and change it. But .......on second thought, if you can't understand the reason for doing it ahead of time ...... maybe you wont change it then either. Because ...... after all, what are the chances of it ever happening again ........ Right?

Reply to
Jim

Well I never have to chase that kind of problem down, because I always put only 1 pir on a zone...same for gbs.

six, 2 sets of 3 wired in series) given the fact that they were | > already mounted, wired and adjusted by someone else? | | Only once. | | Then ........ after two or three days/weeks/or months of trial and | error, trouble shooting with indefinite results, trying to find out | which unit is falsing, you'll get the point and change it. But | .......on second thought, if you can't understand the reason for doing | it ahead of time ...... maybe you wont change it then either. Because | ...... after all, what are the chances of it ever happening again | ........ Right? |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.