Homelink to Crestron? (or home link receiver with dry contact closure)

I'd like to hit a button on my car's built-in homelink transmitter and have that tell my (crestron) control system to do something.

I don't see anything for "homelink" on Crestron's website--is there a homelink receiver with a cresnet interface, or a receiver with dry contact output(s)?

Reply to
Heath Roberts
Loading thread data ...

I don't know if Crestron provides anything but if all else fails perhaps you could add an X10 module and let Crestron respond to the X10 command.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If you have a Crestron RF Gateway and one of their remotes, you can try teaching HomeLink a code. The Crestron RF protocol is fairly complex but is OOK and 434MHz so the HomeLink unit can probably learn it.

Otherwise you can teach it an X10 RF code (requires an X-10 RF remote) and use an X-10 transceiver and universal module (dry c> I'd like to hit a button on my car's built-in homelink transmitter and

Reply to
dlh

I've done this, but for wireless remote control for a retractable outdoor awning. You can use a Lutron RF Visor Control Transmitter (HR-VCTX-SW) and a Lutron Visor Control Receiver (HR-VCRX-SW); the receiver is HomeLink compatable (so you really don't even need the transmitter) and provides four (4) dry contract closures.

You can use this even if you don't have a Lutron lighting system.

HTH

Reply to
Joseph K. Vossen

You still need the transmitter to train the HomeLink unit.

Reply to
dlh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.